Laurie Grove Baths
Restoration of Victorian water tanks.
The Laurie Grove baths opened in New Cross in 1898. The baths had three swimming pools; large, small and a 'south pool', plus 1st and 2nd class slipper baths. Demand, especially during the summer months, was great and mains water needed to be stored, which could be released during a drought. The two open tanks above the westernmost building are made from braced cast iron panels riveted together and are being converted into high quality gallery space, opening in September 2018.