top of page

Harlesden jubilee clock

Restoration of the fountain bowls

The cast iron Jubilee Clock has remained a Harlesden landmark since its erection at Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee in 1887. It is ornate, decorated with dolphins, armorial bearings, a fluted circular column with spirals, shields of arms and swags. During the late 20th century elements were removed, including the lanterns and the fountain bowls. In 1997 the clock was restored without these elements.

The project involves the restoration of the weathervane and recreation of the original four circular lanterns to the clock. HOLT has added the recreation of the two original fountain bowls to the project specification, based on archive images, plus taps and plumbing. The bowls will be put back into use for drinking water.

whitechapel 2.jpg
bottom of page